Client Ministry of Justice
Principle Contractor G4s
Main Contractor IFS
Duration 11 Months
Working Hours Mixed
G4S are a leading provider of TFM services to the Ministry of Justice. IFS are an approved supplier to G4S and have achieved Critical Contractor status.
In addition, we are part of the G4S framework agreement for the supply of projects, planned preventative maintenance and reactive works throughout the United Kingdom.
IFS were contracted to deliver a complete re-envelope of the court building. This included adding exterior insulation to the entire building. Installing a rainscreen cladding to all upper levels, a render brick cladding to the ground floor level, the replacement of over 100 windows and several doors, new rainwater goods and the internal refurbishment/making good of all the window reveals.
The works were all completed as part of a live working environment – no court time was lost due to the project.
IFS were able to bring their considerable knowledge and experience to help the client when the client nominated rainscreen supplier refused to fulfil the order in a satisfactory timescale
- The project required working within a high security environment.
- IFS engineers complied with strict site working regulations and management requirements regarding access, task delivery and safe working
- Full adherence to Health & Safety procedures and strict interpretation of RAM’s produced an accident free
- IFS installed the Terreal Terracotta cladding system, due to a brick bond pattern and building irregularities we had to make over 300 on site cuts. Due to care and attention being took we managed to achieve 5% waste where industry standard is around 10%.
- IFS also installed a k-rend system. The system manufacturer noted it was an installation of excellent quality.
- Communications were key to the success to the project and IFS staff achieved maximum visibility to the centre management