Client Ministry of Justice
Principle Contractor G4S
Main Contractor IFS
Duration 16 Weeks
Working Hours Out of Hours
G4S are a leading provider of TFM services to the Ministry of Justice. IFS are an approved supplier to G4S and have achieved Critical Contractor status.
In addition, we are part of the G4S framework agreement for the supply of projects, planned preventative maintenance and reactive works throughout the United Kingdom.
After going through the required competitive tender procedures, IFS were successful as the preferred main contractor to execute a full roof replacement for the Ministry of Justice at Preston Magistrates Court using a Tremco proprietary roofing system.
• The project consisted of removal of the existing felt roofing system. The outputs from the project were to install a high specification well insulated and reliable roofing solution.
• Tremco roofing systems were selected as the preferred product.
• Replacement of 27 existing roof lights with high performance fixed light units.
• Installation of a new roof access ladder and walking platform to access the rooftop plantroom.
• The project works were undertaken out of hours (evening and weekend) to ensure 100% uptime for the courts.
• No reportable accidents or near misses were recorded during the project.
• 7,464 man hours of activities undertaken on the project without any incidents.
• Fully detailed RAMs and permit to work systems were operated throughout the project.