Client Ministry of Justice
Principle Contractor G4S
Main Contractor IFS
Duration 24 Weeks
Working Hours Out of Hours
G4S are a leading provider of TFM services to the Ministry of Justice. IFS are an approved supplier to G4S and have achieved Critical Contractor status.
In addition, we are part of the G4S framework agreement for the supply of projects, planned preventative maintenance and reactive works throughout the United Kingdom.
After going through the required competitive tender procedures, IFS were successful as the preferred
main contractor to execute a full replacement of the existing rendered surfaces using K Rend (Eco) spray applied rendering system.
• The project required the removal of the existing sand and cement rendered elevations. Together with
remedial works to existing cracks and damaged structural areas.
• Due to the multi level nature of the building, fixed scaffolding was not deemed viable so all access to the
works was achieved via all terrain access platforms.
• The works were carried out working in a fully occupied building environment, including coordinating
access into the staff and judge’s car park.
• Shift working was adopted throughout the evenings and weekends with occasional daytime working.
• No reportable accidents or near misses were recorded during the project.
• 6,480 man hours of activities undertaken on the project without any incidents.
• Fully detailed RAMs and permit to work systems were operated throughout the project.