Client Ministry of Justice
Duration 24 Weeks
Principle Contractor G4S
Dudley Magistrates Court
Following a detailed survey of the property it was apparent that the existing render cladding had delaminated from the structural blockwork. It was not deemed viable to undertake patch remedial works so the scheme was based upon a 100% removal of the existing cladding. Remedial repairs to the structural blockwork and a comprehensive quality controlled installation of the new cladding system. After going through the required competitive tender procedures, IFS were successful as the preferred main contractor to execute a full replacement of the existing rendered surfaces using K Rend (Eco) spray applied rendering system.
• The project required the removal of the existing sand and cement rendered elevations. Together with remedial works to existing cracks and damaged structural areas.
• Due to the multi level nature of the building, fixed scaffolding was not deemed viable so access to the works was achieved via all terrain access platforms.
• The works were executed in a fully occupied building environment, including coordinating access into the staff and judge’s car park.
• Shift working was adopted throughout the evenings and weekends with occasional daytime working.
• No reportable accidents or near misses were recorded during the project.
• 6,480 man hours of activities undertaken on the project without any incidents.
• Fully detailed RAMs and permit to work systems were operated throughout the project.
In my role as Major Projects Manager North, I have worked closely with Intelligent FS over the last five years on numerous projects for the HMCTS estate.
I have always found them easy to work with, professional and having a strong commitment to delivering quality work. In addition, they project a strong work ethic with excellent communication skills and never fail to impress with their project management, planning and scheduling skills.